India's proposed tour of Zimbabwe in June has been indefinitely postponed, although the exact circumstances of the decision are shrouded in confusion.
Yesterday, it was announced that India would be taking part in a one-day tri-series in Bangladesh between June 8 and 14, giving them a six-day break after the end of the IPL. They would then return home for a week before moving to Pakistan for the Asia Cup.
That left little scope for a three-ODI series in Zimbabwe which has been included in the ICC's Future Tours Programme for the last two years. When contacted yesterday, a Zimbabwe Cricket spokesman said that the tour was still on and that details would be announced soon.
However, less than 24 hours later Ratnakar Shetty, the Indian board's chief administration officer, told Cricinfo that the series had been postponed "by mutual consent".
Quite how mutual that consent is remains unclear, although it will be a blow to Zimbabwe who now have no major games until they host Sri Lanka in November.